FireEye Network Security Review

Good support, easy to implement, and proactively tests incoming files for malicious behavior

What is our primary use case?

We use FireEye to protect our web and email traffic.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is MVX, which tests all of the files that have been received in an email. It uses virtual machines to test the behavior of the files and determine whether they are malicious in nature. If there is any abnormal activity then the file will be blocked. The corresponding hash value will then be recorded, submitted to the cloud, and added to the blacklist.

What needs improvement?

It would be very helpful if there were better integration with other solutions from other vendors, such as Fortinet and Palo Alto. They should be sharing their threat database and information. For example, if something is discovered by FortiSandbox or the Palo Alto Sandbox, it should be announced to all of the vendors so that they can take action and block these files.

FireEye can be improved in terms of network visibility. Some minor enhancements are needed.

I have been working with FireEye for about three years.

The stability is very good.

Scalability has been okay until now. If there is a major expansion in the future then we will proceed with that as it comes.

I have been in contact with technical support and I find them to be good.

I found the initial setup straightforward.

We had assistance with the implementation.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody who is implementing this solution is to fine-tune based on the use cases. Test the solution, monitor the alerts, and be proactive about anything that shows up. If there is any abnormal activity then be sure to take action quickly, and also, ensure that there is policy in place for other departments to act accordingly when malicious traffic is detected.

More FireEye Network Security reviews from users