FireMon Review

RA excels at identifying risk exposure areas.

Valuable Features

Security Manager (SM) and Risk Analyzer (RA) are the most valuable features to me. SM assesses a network's security posture in terms of deployed policies, redundant policies, duplicate policies, etc. RA takes a snapshot of everything connected to and within the network down to the end points. It recommends security policies that would improve and further secure the network from potential threats etc.

Improvements to My Organization

The product is extremely helpful in policy analysis and improvement. RA was exceptional is identifying risk exposure areas.

Room for Improvement

Although there is nothing 'wrong' in FireMon's support for other vendors, with the advent of SDN, NGFW, etc., I think FireMon will have to cover more layer 3 devices from different vendors. Again, their current database covers almost all of the major vendors: Cisco, Juniper, Fortinet, etc. However, there is always room for growth in this particular area.

Use of Solution

I have used this solution since 2012.

We have not encountered any issues with stability so far.

We have not encountered any issues with scalability so far.

Their technical support is superior.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

Pricing and licensing is structured well and FireMon was very helpful in meeting the target budget for this project.

Other Solutions Considered

We looked at AlgoSec before choosing FireMon.