FireMon Review

It’s helpful during our firewall and network devices audit.

What is most valuable?

Security Manager: It effectively manages the complexity and change associated with today’s network security infrastructure and has a good hold in the market.

How has it helped my organization?

It’s very helpful during our firewall and network devices audit, and also beneficial when backup is required of network security devices.

What needs improvement?

I am desperately looking forward to seeing FireMon considered as a good backup solution for network security devices, which can store up to the last 10 incremental backups. This way, the business can grow with multiple solutions to customer.

I have been using it for five years.

I have not really encountered any deployment, stability or scalability issues. Installation and upgrade are quite simple and easy.

Technical support is satisfactory.

Previously we were using AlgoSec, but it requires to be updated from time to time. Also, it wasn’t found to be a fruitful solution and has a lot of room for improvement.

We recently installed FireMon on VMware architecture and it was very smooth and without issues.

Implementation was easy and documents are available in FireMon Center, so the in-house support team implemented it without any issues.

Per-device license is little costly, but with such good features it’s understandable.

What other advice do I have?

It is a good solution for audit trails and end-user visibility.