FireMon Review

It was valuable for auditing purposes.

What is most valuable?

It was used for firewall change review. For our company, it became an invaluable tool for auditing purposes.

How has it helped my organization?

It allowed us to track every change made to the firewall. We were able to see who made the changes, when the changes were made, and exactly what was modified.

What needs improvement?

We monitored multiple firewalls. In the version we used, we had to check the changes made on each firewall individually. We didn’t see a condensed list of changes across our environment.

I used it for 1.5 yrs.

We encountered minor issues with FireMon and its collection of data from Palo Alto firewalls. It required a small amount of additional time with system engineers on our side and on FireMon’s side to complete the deployment.

The customer service was excellent.

At the time we were using the product, it did seem like the tech support staff was very limited in size. I am sure they have grown more since we used this product.

We used another product (Tufin). For us, we needed to make a change because they lacked the ability to support Palo Alto (at that time). FireMon was a better fit with that firewall.

The initial setup was straightforward. Minimal support was required to complete it.

We implemented it through an in-house team. We required minimal assistance from the vendor.

What other advice do I have?

There are very few products that can do what FireMon can. I would definitely recommend it if there is a need to review firewall changes.

More FireMon reviews from users
...who compared it with AlgoSec
Find out what your peers are saying about FireMon, Tufin, AlgoSec and others in Firewall Security Management. Updated: July 2021.
524,194 professionals have used our research since 2012.