FireMon Review

efficient way to clean the firewall from unused, redundant, shadowed rules that create unnecessary risks and impacts performance.

What is most valuable?

• Firewall cleanup - the best and most efficient way to clean the firewall from unused, redundant, shadowed rules that create unnecessary risks and impacts the firewalls performance overtime. Also, it helps with the PCI compliance.
  • Rule use analysis.

How has it helped my organization?

• Improved change workflow
  • Optimized my firewalls
  • Meet PCI compliance
  • Enhanced security

What needs improvement?

Needs more functional basic workflow for the Policy Planner for those who do not need a fully customized workflow.

One year.

No issues encountered.

No issues encountered.

I've found technical support to be a 9/10.

Straightforward.

Add infrastructure devices to the firewalls and negotiate an overall discount that way. Needed to get insight into configurations.

Tufin and AlgoSec were evaluated as well.

What other advice do I have?

The customized workflow is worth it. If you are considering to migrate to new firewalls, implement FireMon because it will make your migration much easier. Also, cleaning up some slow firewalls will help you extend its life.

Disclosure: IT Central Station contacted the reviewer to collect the review and to validate authenticity. The reviewer was referred by the vendor, but the review is not subject to editing or approval by the vendor. The reviewer's company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Partners
2 Comments
author avatarLea Goldberger
TOP 5Consultant

What is Firemon's advantage over Tufin and Algosec, based on your evaluation?

author avatarNick Senatore

Gus, thank you for taking the time to write a review of FireMon. I am glad to see you are finding overall satisfaction with the product. Please feel free to drop us a note at customersuccess@firemon.com with any future questions or concerns.