Fleetmatics Review

Protects a company from false allegations of late deliveries to drivers wasting time

What is our primary use case?

We have used the Fleetmatics Software for about three years now. As a manager and driver, this software has become one of my most valuable tools for saving time and improving safety.

Day-to-day, I watch drivers as they move through their daily tasks. If I receive a call about a driver running late, I can immediately locate them, then start making calls to check on the driver's well-being.

How has it helped my organization?

It is absolutely one of the best pieces of hardware to protect a company from false allegations of late deliveries all the way to drivers wasting time.

What is most valuable?

The most effective features for my use would be Live Tracking and all of the alert notifications.

• Live tracking is a necessity now with our changes in the supply chain market.
  • The alert notifications are a good tool to inform me of potential incidents, as well as no shows for the beginning of shifts.

What needs improvement?

The only issue we have with the product would be service drops in the far north and south of the State of West Virginia. I actually had an issue with a rouge driver not too long ago that was involved in some things he should not have been doing. However, because he was in a dead zone, it took nearly two hours for me to locate him.

Altogether, this program has helped us to move deliveries and routes to maximize the most efficient routes and delivery times. It has assisted in planning maintenance and tracking our mileage.