FlexNet Manager Review
Discovery and data population are easy and quick to handle
What is our primary use case?
- Multiple OSs
- The global presence of 25K servers and 100K desktops and laptops
- Managing the giant publishers like Microsoft/Adobe/SAP/VMware was a nightmare.
- Reporting the asset information and the current spend is also very difficult for my team with our homegrown discovery tools.
How has it helped my organization?
- Deployment of the agents was very easy, and we completed the entire estate agent installation in a month.
- Easy to manage the users/application, and the procurement data allows me to push the data to CMDB in a fraction of a second.
- Workday integration is one of the best helps to manage the users against the systems.
- Audit readiness and 100% users and usage calculation helped the organization to save money.
What is most valuable?
- Software normalization is really good.
- Discovery and data population are easy and quick to handle.
- Roles and responsibility can be managed according to the organizational structure using AD.
What needs improvement?
- Sun Solaris server discovery needs to be improved.
- Apple Mac OS was not supported fully.
- Naming conversation needs to be improved.
For how long have I used the solution?
One to three years.
What do I think about the stability of the solution?
It's a stable product; the only thing is you need to be conscious while designing the server architecture.
What do I think about the scalability of the solution?
It has little difficulties if you are using it on-prem due to license requirements and the system requirements.
How is customer service and technical support?
Normally the SLAs will take time, as they will often come for meetings to provide solutions.
How was the initial setup?
Slightly complex but their notes can be used.
What about the implementation team?
Vendor team engagement is mandatory -- their level of expertise is mid-level.
What was our ROI?
What's my experience with pricing, setup cost, and licensing?
The subscription-based model would be best for a medium and small organisation.
Which other solutions did I evaluate?
**Disclosure: I am a real user, and this review is based on my own experience and opinions.
Last updated: Dec 03 2018
Find out what your peers are saying about Flexera, ServiceNow, Micro Focus and others in IT Asset Management. Updated: March 2021.
474,595 professionals have used our research since 2012.