FlexNet Manager Review

Discovery and data population are easy and quick to handle

What is our primary use case?

• Multiple OSs
  • The global presence of 25K servers and 100K desktops and laptops
  • Managing the giant publishers like Microsoft/Adobe/SAP/VMware was a nightmare.
  • Reporting the asset information and the current spend is also very difficult for my team with our homegrown discovery tools.

How has it helped my organization?

• Deployment of the agents was very easy, and we completed the entire estate agent installation in a month.
  • Easy to manage the users/application, and the procurement data allows me to push the data to CMDB in a fraction of a second.
  • Workday integration is one of the best helps to manage the users against the systems.
  • Audit readiness and 100% users and usage calculation helped the organization to save money.

What is most valuable?

• Software normalization is really good.
  • Discovery and data population are easy and quick to handle.
  • Roles and responsibility can be managed according to the organizational structure using AD.

What needs improvement?

• Sun Solaris server discovery needs to be improved.
  • Apple Mac OS was not supported fully.
  • Naming conversation needs to be improved.

It's a stable product; the only thing is you need to be conscious while designing the server architecture.

It has little difficulties if you are using it on-prem due to license requirements and the system requirements.

Normally the SLAs will take time, as they will often come for meetings to provide solutions.

Slightly complex but their notes can be used.

Vendor team engagement is mandatory -- their level of expertise is mid-level.

30%.

The subscription-based model would be best for a medium and small organisation.

• CA