FlexPod Review

We have a 30-petabyte environment, and we're looking to FlexPod for our database infrastructure. However, more training should be made available.

Valuable Features

Ease of deployment is the most valuable feature.

Improvements to My Organization

I think that there are lots of benefits to using FlexPod. It goes back to the ease of deployment, especially with the projects I’ve been involved in. If you need a refresh on the whole infrastructure, it helps immensely.

Room for Improvement

I think that there is always room for improvement in any product. I guess the training availability and infinite scalability could be better, and it’s getting there.

It’s great – no issues with stability.

I didn’t run into any issues with scalability, and although I haven’t looked at the specs recently, but I believe it scales to most environments needs, and I’m still considering it for my new environment. We have a 30-petabyte environment, and we're looking to FlexPod for our database infrastructure.

I would say that I haven’t had to contact FlexPod specific support but Netapp overall I would give them an 8-9/10.

My initial setup was a partner, I didn’t know there were walk-through guides, but once I found those it was immensely better. It was cumbersome, but then eventually the installs were much simpler.

Other Advice

I would say that you should seriously consider it. It’s very worthwhile.

Stay Connected with FlexPod