FlexPod Review

With our VMs and Hyper-Vs, it allows us to stand up a cluster easier and ensures consistency between clusters. The orchestration and automation, however, could be better.

Valuable Features

I would say the service profiles of UCS for the compute aspect, cluster Data ONTAP, and NDO.

Improvements to My Organization

I would say that we have about 700 VMs and I think 30 HyperV’s, so we can stand up a cluster much easier, and it ensures consistency between our clusters.

Room for Improvement

I think that the orchestration and automation could be better. I think there are tools out there for it, we just don’t have them deployed. It’s an area that I think our organization could do better at.

The stability of the solution has been very good; it's very stable.

I would say that its very scalable, as it meets and exceeds our needs.

I’m more on the storage side and NetApp is excellent. Cisco, whom I dealt with in my last job, I found them to be quite good.

I would say the setup was fairly straightforward but I’ve been working with FlexPod for about five years so my perspective may be a bit skewed.

Other Advice

I would say that you should at least consider it. Although it does require some cross-team collaboration, how you work together and combine things depends on your political and cultural relationships within your team. It can be a cross-domain kind of experience.

More Information