FlexPod Review

It has provided our client the ability to easily provision virtual machines and storage.

What is most valuable?

NetApp’s scalability and high fault tolerance are features that we, in our organization, like about deploying NetApp’s NAS solutions.

How has it helped my organization?

We designed and installed NetApps FAS8040 dual controllers with FAS4246 and FAS2246 Storage Disk to provide NAS for the Cisco UCS 5100 system and has provided our client the ability to easily provision virtual machines and storage to those virtual machines.

What needs improvement?

Product price is always a concern.

I've used it for one year.

10/10

10/10 - NetApp’s service support personnel were excellent in getting us the help we needed.

No previous solution was used.

NetApp’s documentation helped us with the initial setup and configuration. Great documentation always leads to better designs and better operations and maintenance experience.

We worked with a vendor and had a successful implementation.

No other options were looked at.

What other advice do I have?

NetApp’s FAS system is an excellent line of product. In today’s world the need for virtualization is continuingly increasing. Therefore having a storage platform that can be flexible in terms of configuration and scalability it’s important to the successful deployment of virtualization in the datacenter.

More FlexPod reviews from users