Flexpod logo

FlexPod Review
It’s a standard; it's a spec. It's the same across all environments.

Valuable Features:

It is very powerful. It can support much more than just one FlexPod. One NetApp can support more than just one FlexPod. That's about it. It's powerful.

Improvements to My Organization:

It’s a standard; it's a spec; so, it's very easy to assemble and use. It's the same across all environments. Our production guys can work on this FlexPod and know that it's the same over here, and it’s is the same over there.

It's saved lots of manpower. It's easy to set up. It's good.

We have about a dozen people administrating our storage.

Room for Improvement:

I would like to see easier day-zero setup. We're having to get other tools to try and set up everything. It's not complex, but it could be faster. It's just time consuming.

Stability Issues:

It’s very stable; haven't had any issues with stability.

Scalability Issues:

It is very scalable. We are expanding a little bit. We're using one NetApp across multiple FlexPods. We're doing multiple domains off of one NetApp now. It is very scalable and very easy to do.

Previous Solutions:

I've been at my current company for a year. They were already using FlexPod.
I have previous experience with EMC and Pure Storage. Compared to those, I love FlexPod. I like the scalability, because it has the storage virtual machines. It's very easy to build upon that.

For people comparing NetApp vs Pure, or NetApp vs EMC, I'd tell them to seriously look at NetApp because of the scalability and because of the ease of use.

Initial Setup:

Initial setup was very good. The RESTful API is easy to set up.

Cost and Licensing Advice:

Beat them up on pricing, because they’re not cheap.

Other Advice:

Buy it. It's a good product.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About FlexPod?

Our experts can help. 233,256 professionals have used our research on 5,881 solutions.