FlexPod Review

With the validated designs and the support behind it, it's a great product

Video Review:

What is most valuable?

The consistent delivery that we receive from the products. We deliver it to different customers, and we know it will be a consistent end-to-end solution as well. So, this helps us from a delivery side of things.

What needs improvement?

According to the product managers, there are some new products coming which will address some of our concerns around portability and compliance.

With the design guides that we go through, it has obviously been vetted and validated. It is very stable in our eyes.

Generally, our deployments are on the smaller side. We have been able to leverage the FlexPod express side for smaller deployments. I haven't hit any larger scale ones, but from everything that I have read, it would scale relevantly.

With the support side, we deal directly with Cisco, not directly with NetApp. We do have support from all of the vendors, even if it is or isn't a FlexPod solution. The support that we get from NetApp is second to none.

I wouldn't say it is more complex. It is different, because there are a lot more components than if you were just going to buy a traditional compute only or storage only solution. So, there is an added complexity given the size of the deployment and the number of components. However, it is not difficult from a deployment perspective by any stretch. If you were deploying those components individually, it would be the same amount of effort.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it close to a nine or 10, because of what the product looks like, the validated designs which are out there, and the support behind it. It's a great product. That is why we sell it.

Most important criteria when selecting a vendor:

A combination of everything from best of breed, support, and if other customers who have used it have had good experiences with it.

More FlexPod reviews from users
...who compared it with Dell EMC VxBlock System
Learn what your peers think about FlexPod. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
534,299 professionals have used our research since 2012.