FlexPod Review

What is our primary use case?

It in our primary data centers and almost on all of our sites. Therefore, we use both FlexPod and FlexPod Express.

How has it helped my organization?

We enjoy the standardization and having things consistent across the whole data center sphere.

What is most valuable?

Simplicity and integration with NetApp are its most valuable features.

What needs improvement?

They already have some products or interfaces that leverage APIs, like Cisco UCS Director, and this is a good starting point. However, I would like to have something for smaller organizations where they could just plugin configurations, and everything is done for them.

They should have an easier user interface to get it up and running.

More than five years.

It is stable.

It is very scalable.

I've never had any issues, so tech support is good.

We brought our IT in-house and needed a solution to host it on, and FlexPod was the solution that we decided on. That was for a smaller subset of the company.

The larger parent company used what the contracting IT provided at the time. When we released that contract, we moved to have all in-house employees and an in-house IT. We also decided to use FlexPod because we had seen the value with the smaller companies. It has scaled out well.

It was straightforward because I was working with an experienced partner. I have more than six years of experience, so when I work with a partner that has experience, it makes it easier.

In the United States, we use IRONBRICK. Internationally, EMEA and Asia PAC, we use Computacenter. Our experience with both of them so far has been good.

We have seen ROI.

We evaluated HPE, Cisco, and NetApp for storage. We chose NetApp because of its storage efficiencies and integration.

What other advice do I have?

The FlexPod solution is one of the easiest solutions to implement, maintain, and scale.