FlexPod Review

Mature Converged Infrastructure for Mission-Critical Workloads

What is our primary use case?

We sell FlexPod. We have different versions of the software people like. Because we are the main seller of the product, we have quite a few customers.

How has it helped my organization?

In the old days, when VMware was not so acceptable in large enterprises, the company offered customers pre-use coupons to replace their machines.

For many large customers, they may or may not trust FlexPod in a sophisticated ecosystem. They still rely on the hardware to provide stability for large enterprises.

What is most valuable?

The best feature of FlexPod is the set scope array. It is produced by set options on the DHCP server using the Cisco UCS Manager with VMware.

What needs improvement?

FlexPod is a very mature product. It's a CI product with converged Netapp FAS storage and Stateless UCS compute for modern-day infrastructure. In terms of stability, FlexPod is the best in the industry. Installation with FlexPod is a bit complex, but it can be upgraded easily. I think Flexpod is phasing out, but it is still the right solution.

Installation with FlexPod is a bit complex, but it can be upgraded easily. I think Flexpod is phasing out, but it is still the right solution.

Three to five years.

The stability of FlexPod is best in the industry (at least in Hong Kong).

Scalability is quite good. You can simply use APT at the surface. There are no required dependencies.

Usually, FlexPod is good enough in terms of Cisco's product line support.

We have been using FlexPod here for about 10 years.

For the initial setup, you have to follow the guide, step-by-step and version-specific for the installation. If you follow the guide step-by-step it is fairly simple, not that complex.

We deploy for customers firsthand, usually within one week. Our last deployment of FlexPod took one to two months. It depends on the requirements.

For FlexPod, it is always trustworthy. I had previously never seen flex machines from other brands or associated with other products.

FlexPod is a large investment and they are good enough to support it. That is where we fully recognize long-term gains in ROI.

The FlexPod licensing can adjust to your purse, i.e. there are different levels available for businesses of all sizes.

What other advice do I have?

If you want to have stability, then FlexPod is the easy way to go. Newer products may not be rated highly enough for large enterprise corporations to procure, i.e. it depends largely on the internal regulations in use for data center management.

I would rate FlexPod with a 9/10 because this software successfully carried out its mission.