FlexPod Review

The workload for individuals is faster and our employees can accomplish their responsibilities in less time

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use for this product is for virtual desktop infrastructure and for virtual server storage.

How has it helped my organization?

Since going to all Flash, employees are much happier working remotely in our VDI (Virtual Desktop Infrastructure).

What is most valuable?

The most valuable asset of the product is the use of all-flash storage, low latency I/O (quicker Input / Output).

What needs improvement?

No really good opportunities for product improvement come to mind. For our organization, it does what we need it to do.

The product is very stable. I don't think it's failed once since I have worked with it within the organization.

We have a pretty stable workload, so we have not had to consider the scalability of the solution.

We did an upgrade during my time but that was just moving to a newer version of the same product.

The initial installation was straightforward.

We implemented through Paramount.

Return on investment is not always tangible. The workload for individuals is faster and our employees are happier for being able to accomplish their responsibilities in less time.

Before this solution, the organization used some Synology products that were more appropriate for small businesses. The organization had many remote sites and it was not centralized. We also considered VMware vSAN as a solution.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale of one to ten, I rate this product as an eight. That is mostly because the cost is comparatively high for what it does.

Storage I/O is pretty important for enhancing user experience and utility.