FlexPod Review

Fast and flexible, but the user interface needs to be more intuitive

What is our primary use case?

We use FlexPod for our on-premise file solution. Its infrastructure enables us to run demanding or mission-critical workloads.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution has given us a great deal of on-site storage that we didn't have before.

The solution’s granular scalability or broad application support helps us meet the needs of diverse workloads.

We have seen an improvement in application performance. Although I don't know what the baseline was so I cannot tell how much it has improved.

It has enabled us to reduce data center costs and to save money.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of this solution are that it's flexible and it's fast. The validates designs have been generally quite good and it is innovative.

It has streamlined our IT admin.

What needs improvement?

The graphical interface could be made easier to use and more intuitive.

The solution’s ability to manage from edge to core, to cloud, to supporting modern data and compute requirements isn't very good. It manages itself, and it has components to help orchestrate itself across the entire network, which is good. However, not necessarily to the edge.

Once this solution is up and running and configured, it is very stable and resilient. s

This solution is quite scalable. You add more and they work better together.

Technical support for this solution is improving.

The initial setup of this solution is fairly complex. We have a complex environment.

This solution has reduced deployment time.

Initially, we had somebody to provide us assistance with this solution.

This solution was implemented before I joined the company.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody considering this product is to give it a close look because it's a great solution.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.