FlexPod Review

A resilient solution to host our ESX environment, with only a single call required for support

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution in our data center. It runs all of our ESX environment with SQL and Exchange servers on it.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is that there is one call for support.

It is good to have validated designs, so at least supposedly it will work.

What needs improvement?

It would be helpful to have more flexibility for adding other components. It is always better to have more possibilities.

More than two years.

This is a resilient solution that keeps running, and we haven’t had any problems.

We haven't had to really increase its capacity, so I don't really know how scalable this solution is.

Technical support has helped us out when we needed. When you call for support, at least you don't have a finger pointing session of one vendor product versus the other.

We had to upgrade because our previous equipment was hitting the end of its lifespan. We went to an integrated solution.

The setup of this solution is a little bit complex at first. After you understand the major components, it gets easier.

We purchased our system through a reseller, CDW. However, there wasn't any special value added. They created a bill of materials.

We have a lease for approximately $10,000 USD per month.

What other advice do I have?

This is a stable solution with good technical support. However, there is always room for improvement.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.