FlexPod Review

A good solution for integrating compute, networking and storage in data centers with easy deployment

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is to integrate the compute, networking and storage in our data center.

How has it helped my organization?

FlexPod simplifies our deployments and the automation. It enables us to handle mission-critical workloads and applications.

What is most valuable?

The best feature of the product is not exactly a feature. It is the ease of deployment and use.

What needs improvement?

As a solution, it isn't really very innovative. It could have better support for portals.

The solution is very stable. Any outage can be brought back up quickly.

The solution is easily scaled. It is possible to integrate new capabilities and technologies which we have successfully done with no issues. It's a valid, viable model.

Customer service is above average.

The product was adopted as a solution before I came to the company.

The installation was straightforward.

We used a consultant for the implementation. That was Bedrock and they are okay at what they do.

The reduction in data center costs is the obvious return on investment.

The solution has reduced data center operating costs by about five percent.

Other options were considered. That included IBM and HP solutions.

What other advice do I have?

The product is an eight out of ten. It's stable and we've had no issues. It is definitely worth considering as a solution depending on your particular needs.