Forcepoint Data Loss Prevention Review

Provides the user with plenty of control but hands-on training is advised

What is most valuable?

The data loss prevention is great. Forcepoint Data Loss Prevention provides the user with plenty of control.

What needs improvement?

This solution has a tendency to provide false-positive results.

There should be more training provided. For instance, they did not specify how to deal with white and black-listed documents in regards to machine learning.

There is no specific training or an example provided to follow; you have to make it up as you go. This is challenging because there are so many documents needed for each machine learning algorithm.

Also, configuration management needs to be improved.

I supervised the implementation of this solution. I used this solution for roughly one year; however, I stopped working with it two months ago.

The only reason I stopped working with Forcepoint Data Loss Prevention is that I am currently working with a new company and system integrator and this solution is not within our portfolio.

This solution is stable.

Regardless of the size of your company, this solution can be scaled accurately.

We've had mixed results with technical support. Some issues are resolved quickly, and other issues have taken roughly two weeks to resolve. Overall, I am satisfied with the customer support.

The initial setup is not really complex, but not straightforward either. We had some issues because it requires an SQL server and at that point, we were experiencing some issues with our SQL server. Some of the steps in the initial setup process were not really mentioned, precisely.

The good news is that only one person is needed for both deployment and maintenance; however, that person has to be quite knowledgeable with Sysco, some Linux, and windows.

An integrator helped us with deployment. If it's a basic environment, deployment should only take a week. Post-deployment is the biggest issue. Roughly 80% of DLP policies and work is not IT related. Some customers don't have these policies in place, so they don't even know how to transform them into automated policies. Unfortunately, many people don't have the IT knowledge to transform these security policies into automated policies. This can really draw out the post-deployment time.

What other advice do I have?

If you are interested in implementing this solution or any DLP solution for that matter, I would advise you to build your own policies first. In short, build your policies and workflows and organize your enterprise well before you implement this solution.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give this solution a rating of seven.

More Forcepoint Data Loss Prevention reviews from users
...who compared it with Symantec Data Loss Prevention
Learn what your peers think about Forcepoint Data Loss Prevention. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,690 professionals have used our research since 2012.