Forcepoint Data Loss Prevention Review

Prevents the theft of data in motion through email and web channels

What is our primary use case?

Our main target is banking, insurance, and pharmacy — my main clientele.

What is most valuable?

I like the SaaS solution they're offering now a little bit more. It's a new product but it's easy to install and configure.

What needs improvement?

There is an admin and you have to monitor the solution all the time. The same is true even if you use Symantec or Digital Guardian's DLP — it's all the same. They all require one administrator to monitor the system every day. In short, DLP solutions are good to have, but they do require maintenance.

In terms of human resources, if you have a DLP solution, you have to monitor it every day. Regardless of budget.

I would like to see some file access rights management. This allows users to access whichever files, folders, and resources they choose. This is something Forcepoint and Symantec both don't offer.

I have been using this solution for roughly four years.

Forcepoint Data Loss Prevention is really scalable. Some of my customers have 20,000 licenses, others have five licenses.

The technical support is very good. From a Forcepoint perspective, they're quite responsive. If I were to open a ticket now, they would respond within an hour. They're quite quick.

I used to use Symantec DLP. Licensing-wise, Forcepoint is easier to deploy with less infrastructure. But at the end of the day, if you want the full suite, Forcepoint seems a little bit easier.

Deployment can take anywhere from four to five hours. It can take up to two days depending on the infrastructure.

The size of the deployment team can vary. One company could require one admin to check the logs every day and another could need to check only once a week. It depends on the department — DLP is complex.

All of the vendors that I know have the same licensing fee — all of them. The ones that I've used, like Forcepoint, Symantec, and Digital Guardian, all have similar licensing, either perpetual or subscription — it depends on what you want. Do you want only endpoint DLP or do you want a DLP suite? Either way, they do have similar licensing.

What other advice do I have?

I would certainly recommend this solution to others. It's one of the best DLP solutions on the market.

Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give this solution a rating of nine.

More Forcepoint Data Loss Prevention reviews from users
...who compared it with Symantec Data Loss Prevention
Learn what your peers think about Forcepoint Data Loss Prevention. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,535 professionals have used our research since 2012.