Forcepoint Data Loss Prevention Review

Includes a custom template so you don't need to compute one and was easy to implement

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for PCI certification so that the company employees' credit card information doesn't get lost.

How has it helped my organization?

It has helped us meet CTI requirements. Some employees accidentally shared compromising information and it was able to block that information. That is one of the biggest benefits we have seen from this tool.

What is most valuable?

I was working with other customers with the integration of the solution of web protection with DLP and it allows the same agent to bring it and you can protect them and in some cases share web pages or emails. The other thing is that they already have a custom template so you don't have to compute that.

What needs improvement?

Sometimes the agent has trouble communicating with the central management. You need to push a lot of different times to get the policy. Another issue is that the templates are primarily in English and Japanese. They have a lot of Spanish speaking customers and should have more options in Spanish.

It should integrate better with email.

It's quite stable. Sometimes, when we do an upgrade, we get some trouble but otherwise, it's very stable.

Scalability depends on the operation of the system. We have around fifty users.

Their technical support is great. The technicians are very experienced. We don't have any trouble with them.

The initial implementation was easy because we implemented 25 to 50 agents. We didn't have a lot of problems. It was truly easy to implement this product. The deployment took one month. We saw what data we needed to protect and we told the agents.

We required two people for the setup who were IT people. We use it every day.

We implemented it ourselves.

It's not the cheapest solution but it's not the most expensive. It's a good price for a good product.

What other advice do I have?

The first advice is that you should know what data you need to protect then you can implement everything. If you know what you need it'll be a lot easier. You also need good hardware and resources in the computer hardware to be able to implement.

I would rate it an eight out of ten. An eight because you need to have a lot of security experience to properly implement it, in order to know what you need to activate. It's not a  plug and play solution.