Forcepoint Data Loss Prevention Review

A perfectly scalable solution that offers unique fingerprinting technology and good stability

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution to stop the loss of data through various channels.

What is most valuable?

The fingerprinting technology is the solution's most valuable feature. It's unique to Forcepoint.

What needs improvement?

Forcepoint should consider developing its own classification technique to complement its fingerprinting technique. That way it will be the most sorted after DLP Solution in the market.

Technical support needs improvement. There are long stretches of time between queries and responses. It's worrisome.

There's zero Forcepoint presence in West Africa. Customers typically like having these things close to them. It would help if they had a presence here. Right now, Forcepoint West Africa has been administered from South Africa. Because of this, customers can't access premium support in our region.

The stability of the solution is very good. I'd rate it ten out of ten.

The solution is perfectly scalable. We have thousands of users on different deployments. The highest amount of users on a deployment is somewhere around 6,500. We do intend to increase usage.

There's no support presence in my region. Because of this clients can't access premium support.

From the DLP perspective, I have only used Forcepoint, but from the perspective of general edge firewall URL filtering, I've used Checkpoint. I've also used Sophos in the past.

If you understand what it is you want to achieve, then the setup is straightforward. Deployment takes anywhere from three or four weeks all the way up to six or eight weeks. If clients don't give us all the requirements it takes a bit longer. For maintenance, you need about two people. As long as they have Forcepoint administrator certification they can handle maintaining the solution.

I do try to handle the implementations myself, but I also have a list of consultants that can assist as necessary. Forcepoint has very good documentation I can reference if I need to, which has been very helpful during implementations.

What other advice do I have?

I'm a Forcepoint reseller. I typically handle the on-premises deployment model, but I do have a client who is currently moving to the cloud.

I would rate the solution nine out of ten.