Forcepoint Data Loss Prevention Review

Protection for your critical data that is quick to deploy and inexpensive

What is our primary use case?

We mainly use this solution for data protection and access to our critical company information.

What is most valuable?

I do not think I should name a specific feature that is the most valuable because it is a product we are using as a unified solution and that is very important because it is one of the leaders in the Gartner Magic Quadrant. So there is not a specific feature that is more important than the whole of it together.

What needs improvement?

The product is actually quite a good and reliable product and I don't know what to suggest because we are quite satisfied with it. So I would not want to name something that could be improved because it is a product that the vendor company is continually improving and upgrading on their own. The new features that they add in are quite satisfying for our needs. They seem to stay one step ahead.

There are customers that are moving from Fortinet or Cisco to Forcepoint. I think that is mainly because it is coming from military technology, from Raytheon (defense contracting), so it is quite well rated even though it has not been around for a long time.

In the next release of Forcepoint DLP, I don't really think that there a lot of things that I would need. I guess that there is always a way to improve the experience surrounding the user interface.

We have been using this solution for about two years now.

The product is very stable.

It is very easy to scale this product because it is made to be used by big enterprises and also fleet management sites all over the world. We have about 100 users who are working with the solution within our company. They are normal end-users, not administrators, and the product is installed on each computer. We only require one person on staff for deployment and maintenance. It is actually less than one person. But it is one person dedicated to the task of supporting the product.

We have had the opportunity to use their technical support. They were very prompt and very good about getting us what we needed. They are very skilled and we were satisfied with their work.

We did not use another solution previously before using Forcepoint DLP.

The setup for the product is quite straightforward. It takes maybe 10 or 15 minutes to be installed before it is ready to be used. For the integration, it took maybe one day. In all, it was very fast.

We did the deployment of the solution with the help of our own team. I was not directly involved.

The cost for the product for us is less than $10 per user. We do not pay any additional costs for technical support. Everything is included.

Before choosing Forcepoint DLP we did evaluate other options in the product category like from CA Technologies (Computer Associates, acquired by Broadcom, Inc.). We also considered a DLP product by Symantec.

What other advice do I have?

Advice that I would give to someone looking into implementing Forcepoint DLP is to take care and compare it to other solutions. Other solutions may have a more established reputation because Forcepoint is a new name on the market. But I would recommend taking a look at all the technical features and the pricing as part of their consideration before making a decision.

On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate Forcepoint DLP as a nine-out-of-ten. The thing that would make it a ten for me would be for the company to improve the technical implementation. It should be better organized.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: distributor