Forcepoint Data Loss Prevention Review

An industry leader providing excellent sensitive data protection that's very stable

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution for processing our sensitive data which is strategic data and strategic information exchanged between our top management personnel.

The purpose was to acquire the solution to protect us from incidents involving the sensitive data from our group getting taken. This happened previously, where data was taken from us and given to another competitor. There was another leak as well and since then we've tried to carefully guard our data and implemented, for example, Apple Mail to protect our mail from third parties.

What is most valuable?

The product is interesting. It meets our needs very well. It's the best solution when compared to Symantec, for example. We have both ForcePoint and Gartner as well and it's a leader among similar solutions.

The solution offers very good sensitive data protection.

The solution is excellent at protecting strategic information. I deployed it when I was working in the petrol industry for an oil and gas group. It was the biggest one in Morocco. We held important information about critical activities, including providing gas and oxygen for the hospital. We were considered critical IT and we had to comply with the operative elective and the law. DLP helped us to protect our data and we improved our safety in order to comply with the law and existing regulations.

What needs improvement?

It would be wonderful if the solution could develop more AI and machine learning capabilities. It would also be good if the solution was able to integrate with other ML and AI solutions. Right now, this is lacking.

We started working with Forcepoint DLP three years ago.

The solution is stable enough.

The solution easily scales. We are able to expand it as needed.

Technical support was good.

The is the first type of solution in this category that we have used.

In terms of implementing the solution, it's not easy and not complex. It's average. The deployment's level of difficulty is average as well. You just need to have the prerequisites satisfied.

I appreciate their support because their support was with us to assist us until we deployed the two instances in our infrastructure.

I was the CISO, the Chief Information Security Officer of the company, at the time. My scope was to assist and to manage the project from the start to the close. I worked with the operational security to deploy it.

My scope was to cover governance. For example, elaborating on the policy for classification. It was a prerequisite to define the policy target in the DLP and to organize or to plan for the workshop with the strategic and sensitive entities in our group. I made sure they tried the solution and integrated the entities into the pilot side as well.

The solution's support assisted us throughout the deployment process.

What other advice do I have?

We were on Office 365 on the cloud. It wasn't enough. Since then, we've described our policy to Apple Mail and have elaborated out information classification. Afterward, we invited the business and the strategic entity to workshops to classify the data effectively and try the solution after implementing the DLP.

We use a hybrid deployment model and acquired the solution with the hybrid functionality to help protect our sensitive data in the inter-managed hybrid space.

The solution has been good, and it has responded to our needs. As a group, we were afraid of the safety around our sensitive data which was exchanged in our mail. We had an obligation to protect the data classified as confidential or restricted. The solution, since implementation, has helped us to protect our data and mitigate risk effectively.

ForcePoint also offers a bundle that includes modules that cover URL filtering and app data for other DLPs. It's very good.

Based on my experience, I advise any other organizations to test, try, and to be convinced by the solution before fully implementing it. Users will need to define exactly what it is they need from it and what their exact needs are to effectively deploy it. I think every user will appreciate that solution.

We've experienced a lot of cyberattacks, so the DLP is necessary for us and would be beneficial to any company that has critical activities or has staff that exchanges sensitive data.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten.