Forcepoint Email Security Review

Easy initial setup, good filtering capabilities and very good technical support

What is our primary use case?

I have deployed the solution to two or three customers.  We have deployed hybrid protocol agents for the roaming user, and we did the deployment for the clients using an AWS configuration.

What is most valuable?

The filtering of the solution is very good. You can do URL filtering and, while you need a custom URL to filter under other solutions like Symantec, here the solution covers most categories and the database.

What needs improvement?

The management needs improvement. If our power goes down, there's issues booting up the manager. We have to do a backup and restore it.

We've fixed a couple of issues on the solution so far. It doesn't work perfectly all the time.

Symantec has a central management system that's quite easy to manage all devices from and makes pushing policies simple. It would be great if they could emulate this.

I've been using the solution for two years.

I am the one who is deploying proxy projects in our company, and URL filtering is done by Forcepoint. I've also used NetScaler and Symantec, however, I've found Forcepoint better for stability purposes.

We use both Forcepoint and Symantec and both are good in terms of scalability.

We also use Symantec and since they've moved to Broadcom, their technical support is terrible. The customer base has noticed and a lot of people are now moving to Forcepoint, whose technical support is much, much better.

So far, we've been very satisfied with the level of support we get from Forcepoint.

I worked with DLP on my last project. I've worked with Forcepoint's firewall as well.

We've used Symantec in the past, but lately, we've been getting a lot fo customer complaints about them.

I've also used Infoblox.

The initial setup is not that complex. Once we had integrated everything broadly we didn't face any issues. However, when, for example, we have power issues, we face issues booting back up.

We pay for licensing on a yearly basis. I'm not sure what the pricing is.

What other advice do I have?

We're Forcepoint partners.

We've noticed that many people are leaving Symantec and moving towards Forcepoint. Their service is better and you can get engineers if you have an emergency. With Symantec changing certain policies, a lot of people are leaving. It's one of the reasons we've chosen to got with Forcepoint and doing more business with them.

For the URL filtering they provide, I'd rate the solution ten out of ten. The manager requires some improvement, however. We do want a few additional items added to the solution in future releases and have issues surrounding the hybrid agent and having a proxy. Right now, I'd rate it eight out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
More Forcepoint Email Security reviews from users
...who compared it with Cisco Secure Email
Learn what your peers think about Forcepoint Email Security. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,372 professionals have used our research since 2012.