Forcepoint Email Security Review

Easily integrates with the data loss prevention suite

What is our primary use case?

We work mainly with security firewalls and software servers.

We have customers who are not fully in the cloud. Forcepoint luckily has a hybrid deployment, which combines components from on-premise and hybrid from the cloud.

What is most valuable?

The way the anti-spamming is being filtered out. It does not come onto the appliance directly. It comes onto the hybrid service where the first level of anti-spamming is performed. Then, you see an advantage with the bandwidth on-premise.

The Forcepoint Email Security roadmap easily integrates with the data loss prevention (DLP) suite of Forcepoint. Therefore, the customer doesn't have to buy another solution for DLP.

They have deployment available for the cloud on the Azure Marketplace. You just need to install the product.

What needs improvement?

It would be better if it were simpler to deploy on one or two machines instead of three or four machines.

I joined the company in 2011 and have been using Forcepoint for nine years.

It is very stable once deployed. Now, we have the VM version of the appliance so we are not bound to the physical applicance, which needs you to refresh your hardware every three or five years. We have VMs that you can deploy in hypervisors. Also, you have the cloud version. I find these things very interesting.

It is scalable.

Their support is very good. When you have issues, you call them and open a ticket based on the severity, then receive the proper response time.

The installation is not straightforward. For an on-premise setup, there are less components which need to be setup. For this setup, you will need four or five servers for it to work. It would have been simpler to have one or two boxes. You also need to have a good understanding of how Forcepoint works.

It takes 45 hours to deploy.

We implement this product for customers.

For the deployment, you need some information from the customer. On the Microsoft, you need someone who knows SQL. If you don't know SQL, you will need someone from Microsoft Teams. You will need someone from the network side to open ports on the firewall. Therefore, you will need a couple people: One can understand the network side and another who can understand the infrastructure side, like servers.

When compared to other email security solutions, the price is not cheap.

The licensing is user base (per user). The product is purchased mostly by medium to large companies. For smaller companies, we have other solutions because the pricing is not cheap.

In the Forcepoint Email Security Cloud, you get add-ons but you must check the licensing.

There are three types of support licenses.

It depends on the customer, e.g., what they want and what is required. We use Forcepoint for medium to large companies. For smaller companies, we host mailboxes.

What other advice do I have?

As a Forcepoint partner, we support the product. It is a good choice.

So far, I have not seen a lack of features. This product is doing very well. Every year, they are adding features into their product.

I would rate the product as an eight out of 10.

Hybrid Cloud