Forcepoint Next Generation Firewall Review

Stable, scalable, and great support

What is most valuable?

It is stable and scalable. In addition, their support is great. When you ask them for something, they provide support, and if required, they also involve the R&D team to help you to resolve the issues in your configuration.

What needs improvement?

They need to increase the local support here. There are also some bugs or fixes on which they need to work. They very well know about these bugs.

In terms of licensing, I would like them to either increase the number of features in a single license or make licensing more flexible.

I have been using this solution for two years.

It is stable.

It is scalable. We have many customers, and some of them have from 500 to 1,000 users.

Their support is great.

Its initial setup is easy, but it also depends on the size of the implementation.

The implementation of email security and web security is also easy, but the implementation of DLP is very complicated and can take six to eight months. You can install the software in an hour, but there are a lot of configuration changes, and some critical information must be gathered from the customer for implementation and configuration, which takes time.

The number of people required to deploy and implement this solution varies. We have four or five technical staff members who can do the implementation. We have the same number of people for its support after the implementation. From the customer side, a local team is required to work with and manage this solution.

Everything in Forcepoint comes with an individual license, which is kind of a problem. In our last meeting, they said that it may change at the beginning of 2021, and they will try to merge some licenses together. Customers will get more features than what they got previously. We will wait and see.

What other advice do I have?

Forcepoint is a very big company with a very good product line. It fulfills most of the needs of the customers, especially enterprise customers in the financial sector. I use Forcepoint Next Generation Firewall as well as the DLP, web, and email solutions from Forcepoint. No other solution can compete with Forcepoint's DLP solution. We are going to keep using Forcepoint products. Some of our customers are only interested in Forcepoint.

I would rate Forcepoint Next Generation Firewall a nine out of ten.

More Forcepoint Next Generation Firewall reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Fortinet FortiGate
Learn what your peers think about Forcepoint Next Generation Firewall. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,742 professionals have used our research since 2012.