Forcepoint Next Generation Firewall Review

Offers real-time logins for traffic logs and troubleshooting is easy

What is our primary use case?

I work for a distribution company. We implement around 2,300 firewalls in Egypt for schools. We use the licenses to manage all these firewalls together and push policies for the firewall. We use it for security to restrict some rules for accessing the internet for students.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is controlling the traffic and the logging. They have real-time logins for traffic logs. Troubleshooting was very easy for me.

What needs improvement?

They should have a GUI on the product itself, not a separate management tool to be used on the management server or on a server to be used to manage the file. It should be all in one device. The device should be controlled through its own GUI. They also have to improve the learning center and the documents as the documents don't really help.

In the next release, they should improve the documentation.

I have been using Forcepoint for around one year.

The firewall is stable. We haven't had any stability issues.

It is scalable.

Technical support can be better. The support themselves are skilled but when you call for support you have to wait for a long time to get a response. They should improve their call center.

The initial setup was straightforward. It is done on the firewall itself.

What other advice do I have?

I recommended this solution mostly for large enterprises, a project that needs more than 100 firewalls to be managed. They have a very good management tool as security management centers.

I would rate it an eight out of ten.