Forcepoint Secure Web Gateway Review

URL filtering plays a critical security role, but we have had problems with downtime and support

What is our primary use case?

The critical role is web URL filtering.

What needs improvement?

The functionality of this product in the current version is not up to our expectations.

This product does not have an integrated strategy for securing your web gateway with DLP.

I have been working with Forcepoint Secure Web Gateway for approximately 15 years.

We have had issues with downtime, where the service was out one time for 48 hours and nobody knew what was happening.

I don't know of any issues with scalability.

I have been in contact with technical support several times, and I am not happy with them.

We recently stopped using this product and migrated to Zscaler.

Setting up the solution for our clients can be difficult because we are dealing with different timezones and different geography. It also depends on their data center.

The clients sometimes depend heavily on the partners, rather than take time to understand the product themselves.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
More Forcepoint Secure Web Gateway reviews from users
...who compared it with Blue Coat ProxySG [EOL]
Learn what your peers think about Forcepoint Secure Web Gateway. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,535 professionals have used our research since 2012.