Forcepoint Secure Web Gateway Review

Enables us to retrieve and analyze lost data

What is our primary use case?

We make use of a host of features offered by Forcepoint Secure Web Gateway. We primarily use it to analyze cloud-based data which enters and exits our company through external web access. We retrieve all the data for analysis of any external transactions as these relate to the application of messages.

How has it helped my organization?

Forcepoint Secure Web Gateway has improved our organization through its ease of use. It is not a slow product. It has numerous features that give us control over suspicious and malicious transactions. We can also integrate it for security management purposes.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of Forcepoint Secure Web Gateway is the ability to retrieve and analyze lost data. It also allows us to detect and prevent the release of all messages and to take appropriate actions in consequence.

What needs improvement?

A feature of Forcepoint Secure Web Gateway that can be improved is the speed of data analysis.

Also, there should be enhanced detection when it comes to the loading of encrypted data.

A feature we wish to see addressed in the next release of the product involves its administration.

I do not consider the product to be excellent and would rate it an eight out of ten.

We have been using Forcepoint Secure Web Gateway for around three years.

I like the stability of Forcepoint Secure Web Gateway and feel it to be very useful.

I would evaluate Forcepoint Secure Web Gateway's technical support for a first time user as an eight out of nine.

The initial setup of the product did not take long and was uncomplicated. Its deployment took three days.

We deployed by outsourcing to an open source software company and took courses to familiarize ourselves with the product's features.

Overall, I am not aware of the option to pay for one time use of Forcepoint Secure Web Gateway. We sometimes take out a monthly subscription to the product but prefer to do so on an annual basis.

What other advice do I have?

The versions of Forcepoint Secure Web Gateway that we currently use are 6.5 through 6.7.

We decided to go with it to enhance our main security features. This made a lot of sense, as antenna extensions between users is generally required.

More Forcepoint Secure Web Gateway reviews from users
...who compared it with Blue Coat ProxySG [EOL]
Learn what your peers think about Forcepoint Secure Web Gateway. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,637 professionals have used our research since 2012.