Forcepoint Web Security Review

It is a well-priced option with reporting, Custom Block Pages, and AD integration

What is most valuable?

• Reporting
  • Custom Block Pages
  • AD integration

How has it helped my organization?

It allowed our company to not worry about the security of a page, but talk more about the content and the productivity of specific types of web categories.

What needs improvement?

Allow for faster exemption of websites or the ability to reclassify websites.

Five years.

None.

Great. They made sure that we were choosing the right version and helped us understand the tradeoffs between their different deployment strategies.

Great. I had only a few issues after rollout and their tech support was quick to help.

Cisco Web Security. The AD integration was lacking. The speed was also lacking.

It was straightforward, since I had deployed it at my previous company. The engineer assigned to our deployment was also on hand to make sure that I followed the updated best practices.

In-house with vendor support.

It is a well-priced option.

Zscaler, Barracuda, Sophos, and Cisco Web Security.

4 Comments
author avatarCacheGuard
TOP 5User

Regarding the reporting, what do you think about cons & pros of using a third party reporting tools feeded by logs coming from Forcepoint? Did you consider that? I would appreciate it if you could give me your opinion.

author avatarJay Stelmach
TOP 20LEADERBOARDReal User

I had not considered such an option. I don't know how ForcePoint would push their logs out to a 3rd party as I have only accessed them via their reporting tool. I have not attempted to leverage a syslog server for example. Though in my opinion, I wouldn't go down that road. With the level of reporting that is offered by ForcePoint, there is no need to try and replicate it on your own. If you did, I'm not sure that you would come up with a better system as there is a fair amount of correlation and aggregation that they do when you run reports in their tool that I wouldn't want to waste my time trying to replicate.

author avatarCacheGuard
TOP 5User

Thanks a lot for your feedback. What types of reporting are available in ForcePoint? A link to the documentation would be greatly appreciated.

author avatarJay Stelmach
TOP 20LEADERBOARDReal User

I'm not involved with ForcePoint on a level that I could procur anything that isn't available by a quick Google search. I would recommend reviewing some YouTube channels as they may be able to show you in a video how smooth the reporting is.