Forcepoint Web Security Review

Very stable and simple protection against security threats

What is our primary use case?

My position means that I'm focused on functionalities and the happiness of the users of this solution. I am the CTO of sales and we are a customer of Forcepoint.

What is most valuable?

I think the antiviral sandboxing is a valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

The issues we have are more around organizational issues between us and Forcepoint. We don't have problems with the solution although sometimes attacks or new ransomware gets through. Sometimes we need to work together with Forcepoint in order to change the setup and to block it. It would be great if Forcepoint was able to do this without our knowledge and, even better before those mails ever reach us.

The improvement needs to come on both sides – not only from ForcePoint, but the idea is to work on few points:

• The idea is to set up on the ForcePoint side TAM that could help us in the tuning the configuration.
  • At the same time we need to work on improving the expertise and increase the number of FTE that will work on the platform (internal or external) in order to be able to really have the benefit of TAM.
  • 3rd point is that some of the attacks come through and after we report it to ForcePoint they manage to improve the environment, while my experience with some other solutons is that the provider is more proactive and does the change/improvement even before we notice it.

I've been using this solution for three years.

The stability of the solution is fine.

The scalability of the solution is fine.

We are not so satisfied with the technical support but not because of Forcepoint, rather because of the organization on both sides. We need to work on that.

The initial setup is relatively straightforward. You need to spend some time defining the template of the environment that you would like. After that, the deployment in different domains is pretty easy.

The pricing of the solution is okay. We pay licensing fees but the cost depends on the package that we take. There are no other hidden costs.

What other advice do I have?

We are happy with the solution for now. One of the reasons we took it is that it gives us the flexibility to change if we do not like it or we are not happy. To be honest, once we made the decision, I didn't look at the marketplace anymore. It's possible that there are better products out there today.

I would rate this solution an eight out of 10.

More Forcepoint Web Security reviews from users