ForeScout CounterACT Review

It provides us with real-time visibility and control of devices accessing our network, although false positives should be reduced.

Valuable Features

• Rogue detection and blocking
  • Guest registration
  • Full visibility of network hosts
  • Threat protection

Improvements to My Organization

We are provided with real-time visibility and control of devices accessing our network.

Room for Improvement

• Reduce false positives
  • Reduce bugs
  • Improve on host classification
  • Increase the Nigerian partner base

Use of Solution

We've been using it for over two years.

No major issues.

It's good, but certainly it needs improvement especially on the side of the partners.

Initial setup was straightforward. All it required was to integrate traffic sniffing/monitoring and management ports into our core switch, and instruct the core switch to mirror every traffic to the device through the sniffing port. The rest was simply to define all our network segments on the device and integrate all access switches via SNMP.

Implementation Team

We implemented it through ForeScout's only Nigerian partner, and this is what I would advise everyone interested in the solution to do.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

It is quite expensive, but there are specs for small companies as well.

Other Solutions Considered

Cisco ISE was also evaluated, but the CT10000 was easier to implement and integrate into our environment.

Other Advice

You can go ahead, but you will need good network skills to get the maximum benefits from it.

I would also advise that you don't activate all the add-on features, but use it solely for its primary function - visibility and rogue detection/blocking.

1 Comment
CEO at a consultancy with 51-200 employeesUserTOP 5

Thanks :).. your points are well noted and taken.. i know who you are but i wanna keep it anonymous and i wish you the best in your new place..

17 January 16