Forescout Platform Review

Good compliance with simple user interface, and lots of plugins

What is our primary use case?

We've been able to use the solution for a couple of tasks including using it to monitor for anti-virus compliance. We also use it to monitor the health of the security history of our endpoints.

What is most valuable?

It's a great solution. We use it for the internet here and it's been helpful. It's a great product for our Mac PCs and we can implement it to both our wireless and our wired network.

It's very quick.

The compliance aspects of the solution are excellent and one of the solution's best features. It helps us maintain the compliance of our endpoints.

In terms of physical tools, we are very satisfied.

In our organization, the solution provides us with a sound perimeter.

The user interface is quite simple.

The version we're currently on, 8.6, has a lot more plugins than past versions. Now you can plug in anything you want. It helps us to utilize the product more fully.

What needs improvement?

There's always room for improvement for the solution. Off the top of my head, I really can't determine anything that is lacking right now. Basically there is no room for improvement that I can describe.

The solution does have a bit of complexity, and there's some complexity in the deployment. Users need to be trained before undertaking an initial setup.

The solution has very good uptime, and we have had no issues at all in terms of stability.

We didn't have any issues with the ForeScout scalability. So far, we've agreed with the pricing required for both the hardware and the software.

We haven't been in touch with technical support, so I can't speak to their level of service and how they interact with clients.

The solution is not that simple, however, it's not complex, either. It's a solution that does so much it needs a bit of understanding to properly use it. Once team members go for basic training, they should be able to handle it. The basic training will also give team members a networking background to be able to master the solution. It's not very difficult, but a person will have to be a bit technical.

What other advice do I have?

I'd advise companies to ensure their teams are well trained in ForeScout before starting implementation of any kind. Those setting up and using the solution should have a basic background in networking. If users are comfortable with configuring, they can create processes for the environment. That way, it will be deployed properly.

Teams should also test the solution first before they launch so there won't be any surprises. If they need to make changes, they need to manage the process properly.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten. If it was a bit less complex, I'd give it perfect marks.

8.6
More Forescout Platform reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about Forescout Platform. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
457,209 professionals have used our research since 2012.