Forescout Platform Review

Has a valuable Bring Your Own Device feature and good usability

What is our primary use case?

We are using the Forescout Platform mostly for the Bring Your Own Device features. So we like it very much. We like the dashboard, the usability, and the Bring Your Own Device feature. That's our main usage of the Forescout.

How has it helped my organization?

We are really adapted to the product. So we find it perfect.

What is most valuable?

Now that I'm used to it I don't see many places to improve it. We really like it as it is. We think it's simple. We think it's very useful and we really like reports and everything. We like it very much.

What needs improvement?

The biggest disadvantage is the pricing. I can see that the product has value. I see that the product is really good. I think that the pro is it's really stable, but price-wise, I think it's bad. But you have to pay for quality. But the pricing can be a little bit improved in my point of view. It will be harder to choose if we start comparing features and prices and when we made the initial choice. Our choice was based mainly on features. There was no price comparison involved. I think that it is not in the same landscape. The landscape has changed and there are a lot of contenders in this field. The price scale could be improved.

I have worked with Forescout Device Visibility and Control Platform for two years.

The installation is small enough, it's 500 users and there are no issues with the performance. So our escalation costs, we are small so it's perfect. I've had no issues. The availability is one hundred percent available. So we don't have issues with that also, so very good.

Technical support was really great at the beginning of the setup. At the moment we don't use it because the product is very good. I cannot say if it's good or it's bad because we don't use it, we don't see any issues. It's very good. So for me, I cannot tell you if the support is fast or it's slow, or if it's good or bad because we don't use it. No, we don't use the support.

The initial setup was straightforward. We have help from the manufacturer, so to put it in place it was straightforward. We have been using it for two years now with no issues.

The pricing is really bad. We think that it's expensive. So the pricing part is expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend doing a compression demo. If people use it, they will buy it. So they have to see the product in place. That's the main recommendation is to do a proof of concept. If they do, they will buy it.

I would rate Forscout Device Visibility and Control Platform at a nine out of ten.

More Forescout Platform reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about Forescout Platform. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
455,301 professionals have used our research since 2012.