ForgeRock Review

A stable and scalable solution with good intelligent authentication feature

What is our primary use case?

I have been using ForgeRock as a central repository for identities. We have OpenIDM as one of the products. We also have access management and single sign-on authentication for single sign-on purposes.

There are different use cases. One of the interesting projects was to use ForgeRock as software as a service for the biggest telecommunication company in Switzerland. They used it as a service for their customers.

What is most valuable?

I like the intelligent authentication feature.

What needs improvement?

It should have a better user interface. Its flexibility should also be improved. It is not about simplifying; it is more about flexibility. Each company has its own requirements, and ForgeRock can provide more flexibility in terms of the use of existing modules to implement features for the customers.

I have been using this solution for three to four years.

It is stable.

It is scalable.

It depends on whether you have a good partner network. If you have limited support for professional technical services, there could be some pain points.

The deployment depends on the use cases and the size of the company. It can be complex for bigger environments, but for smaller companies, it is straightforward. For example, for one of the biggest chemical companies in Germany, we were searching millions of identities. We didn't apply it at the end because of some budget reasons, and the project was canceled or frozen.

Its price is comparable to other products in the market.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. I would advise others to look for a good integrator.

I would rate ForgeRock a nine out of ten.

More ForgeRock reviews from users
...who compared it with Symantec Siteminder
Find out what your peers are saying about ForgeRock, Microsoft, Okta and others in Access Management. Updated: June 2021.
509,820 professionals have used our research since 2012.