ForgeRock Review

Reliable and useful for securing our system, but should be a little bit easier to implement

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to manage the identity and access of users to SI and other applications of our company. We implement the identity of the users in that SI.

How has it helped my organization?

It secured our system so that it is accessed only by authorized people, and it implemented the SSO.

What is most valuable?

Their access management solution, OpenAM, is most valuable because it meets the needs of a lot of users.

What needs improvement?

It should be a little bit easier to implement. It is user-friendly, but there is always scope for improvement.

It is a reliable solution.

It is scalable. We have scaled it.

In terms of the number of users, the whole company has to use ForgeRock to be able to connect to the company. For its administration, we have a team of five people. We don't have any plans to increase its usage.

Their technical support is good.

I have used SiteMinder and EmpowerID and a solution from Okta.

Its implementation is a little bit complex. It took us between four to six months.

In terms of the implementation strategy, we identified the functional aspects and tried to see if it would meet the needs. After that, we implemented it in the Dev environment, and after that, we implemented it in the Production environment.

I implemented it myself. It does require maintenance, and I handle its maintenance.

Its licensing is on a yearly basis, but it also depends on the contract that you have with the vendor. They have multiple types of contracts.

There are additional costs to the standard licensing fees. If you need some of the features, you have to pay more.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution if it meets the needs of a company. It is a good solution. You have to implement it to see if it responds to your needs.

I would rate ForgeRock a seven out of ten.

7.0
More ForgeRock reviews from users
...who compared it with Symantec Siteminder
Find out what your peers are saying about ForgeRock, Microsoft, Okta and others in Access Management. Updated: June 2021.
509,820 professionals have used our research since 2012.