ForgeRock Review

The integration has been smooth and the costs have been significantly reduced.

What is most valuable?

Integration with Identity repository and managing SAML2.0 SSO & Federation; provides a simple upgrade from Sun OpenSSO to OpenAM and ForgeRock OpenIDM; runs seamlessly with the Sun Identity Connector Framework; Unified Platform; lightweight Infrastructure; Connected Security; Developer-friendly AM solution.

How has it helped my organization?

The product was used mainly to migrate from Sun IAM suite. The integration has been smooth and the costs have been significantly reduced.

What needs improvement?

Reporting and Analysis capabilities seem to be less mature.

Business strategic partnership model with multiple parties across marketing and sales needs improvement.

Implementation, integration capabilities and support model are still evolving and posing a risk of poor quality.

3 years

Nothing significant.

I did, but I would rather blame my LDAP infrastructure. No significant issues with the product had been encountered that are worth mentioning.

No significant issues.

3; on a scale from 1-5 (1=worst, 5=best).

The key driver had been the migration from Sun IAM.

Migration involved analysis and solution design. The setup was of medium complexity.

The solution was implemented by a vendor. Level of required expertise was 3 on a scale from 1-5 (1=worst, 5=best).

Cost, increased time to market.

I evaluated Oracle Identity suite, TIM/TAM.

What other advice do I have?

It may not have a complete suite of best-in-class IAM capabilities compared to some of the market leaders; however, they are maturing steadily and rapidly expanding the portfolio with OpenDJ and OpenIDM. It’s easy to configure and yes, it’s open source!

2 visitors found this review helpful
2 Comments
author avatarFounder at a tech services company with 1-10 employees

Hi Sam - thanks for sharing this review! I am working on an IAM strategy with my company of over 60,000 employees/contractors with a reasonably large global footprint (NA, EMEA, Asia). Can you share some basic info about the complexity of your organization and whether you feel ForgeRock OpenIDM (provisioning) is suitable for larger organizations, such as mine? I am looking for testamonials that OpenIDM is scalable, configurable, and stable. thanks!!

author avatarMember of the Advisory Board at a tech services company with 51-200 employees

Hi Doug, did you receive some feedback from Sam. What is the status of your project now?