ForgeRock Review

A stable and scalable solution but it requires better technical support

What is our primary use case?

The solution is primarily used for the consumers, for their registration and other applications.

How has it helped my organization?

For our client, which we are deploying for, the solution seems to be offering them really great value.

What is most valuable?

The solution's most valuable feature is the authentication for the consumers. The integration with other third-party applications is excellent.

What needs improvement?

The identity management model needs a bit of improvement.

The solution should work on offering more automation.

I've been using the solution for almost four years.

The stability of the solution is good. They are coming up with good solutions and features. However, I think they should focus more on how they can automate things or make it simpler when it comes to the implementation of cloud solutions.

The solution is extremely scalable. We are implementing this for around 10 million customer records.

Technical support needs improvement. We have raised many cases but every time I call, they don't support. You need to buy their professional services.

When you are deployed on these standalone servers, the initial setup is very straightforward. However, when you are talking about the cloud solution, deployment can be a bit tricky.

Deployment took around two to three months.

We handled the implementation ourselves.

You need to negotiate the pricing, so how expensive or affordable it ends up being depends on each individual contract.

What other advice do I have?

Currently, we are working under the Agile model.

I would advise others to assess the product first based on their requirements. There are multiple models, so they need to be sure to choose the best option for them. Otherwise, they will end up purchasing everything and they might not utilize that product.

I'd rate the solution seven out of ten.