ForgeRock Review

Enables us to define our systems but it is quite expensive

What is our primary use case?

We use it to define the users in all of our systems like VMS and Samba. We don't use Windows, we use Samba. We create and define the permissions and configurations for the users.

How has it helped my organization?

We were using Solaris IDM system, Solaris sells an IDM system and there was a big migration telling us where to go. They told us to rewrite the IDM solution and we saw which other solutions there were out there. We found this solution and we found someone who could create a proof of concept and we decided to change from Solaris IDM to this. It has the same functionality.

What is most valuable?

In the beginning, it was open-source as opposed to other solutions like IBM. We used Solaris IDM and we had to merge with another product and we chose this because, in our company, open-source software is the main solution.

What needs improvement?

It's hard to speak with ForgeRock. It's very expensive. I find that it's quite expensive for just an open-source system. Support is quite expensive. We are only 300 users. It would make sense for a big company but for a little company, it's quite expensive.

I have been using ForgeRock for around six to seven years.

The stability is quite good. As an IDM system, it's not so stressed. We create five or six users per month.

I heard that it's good for big companies, with thousands of users use it but our company only has a few hundred users. We use little bits of the database. Scalability isn't a problem for us.

I have contacted their support. It's quite good. Out of ten, I would rate it a seven.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it a seven out of ten.

I would recommend trying it. Do a proof of concept. Every company is different. Management is different, you have to find a local company that can support you.

The interface is quite lively but I don't think that it's possible to have UI that's compatible with the rest of the company's. We only use the core of OpenIDM.

More ForgeRock reviews from users