FortiAuthenticator Review

A quite stable solution with decent pricing and easy installation

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution to get users.

What is most valuable?

The solution's most valuable aspect is that it easy to install. The user experience is very good.

What needs improvement?

I've only been using the solution for one month, so I haven't come across any glaring issues so far.

The hardware aspect of the solution could be improved. We are not really able to understand the hardware capabilities of the device.

I've been using the solution for one month.

The solution is quite stable. They also send out upgrades quite often.

Technical support is okay. There are some people that are quite experienced while others are less so. However, they always give me an answer. If you don't have local support at the regional level you may have to rely on Google a bit. In my experience, however, it's been fine. They are very quick.

I've previously used WatchGuard. Fortinet is better for what is there, even though their prices are quite similar.

The pricing is okay. It could always be less expensive, however.

What other advice do I have?

We use the on-premises deployment model.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten. We have to compromise between price and functionality. If we had the money, we'd probably go with Palo Alto. However, it's much more expensive.