FortiAuthenticator Review

A solution that offers easy integration capabilities, a simple setup, and good stability

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for FortiToken multi-factor authentication and as a VPN for login devices, among other cases.

What is most valuable?

The solution is easy to learn and makes it easy for our users to add FortiToken. It's very easy to integrate if you have other Fortinet devices.

What needs improvement?

We have issues with HA (high availability). These should be addressed in future releases.

I've been using the solution for two years.

The solution is very stable. I'd say it's about 97% stable. We haven't experienced any crashes or anything of that nature.

We haven't really tested scalability that much. We have about 200 users and we don't plan to increase usage any time soon.

Technical support used to be much better. Fortinet seems to be downgrading, so everything takes longer to get a response in comparison to the past. When you make a ticket it may take as much as three days before it gets assigned.

The initial setup was very easy.

We handled the implementation ourselves.

The cost is okay. It's moderate to inexpensive.

What other advice do I have?

We use the on-premises deployment model. We're both customers and partners with Fortinet.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.