FortiCache [EOL] Review

Enables you to control all the different cloud solutions you have in your family of hybrid clouds but it needs more integrations

What is most valuable?

We think it's a good solution for cloud security, where one has hybrid cloud. They have different cloud solutions like Office 365, Azure or Amazon. This is a good solution to control all the different cloud solutions you have in your family of hybrid clouds, from one panel. This is what the main feature we look for.

What needs improvement?

It is quite good for our needs. They have the main integrations with all our different software and cloud solutions, like Office and Google. I know there are a lot of other solutions, but we use Fortinet.

However, we would like them to add more integrations. We would appreciate a more open solution. They're quite good when you have the entire Fortinet ecosystem, but otherwise it's not as good of a solution.

The access is perhaps something that can be improved. I think it's a product that could develop in the future. I hope they develop some control software security solutions or combiners.

We've been using this solution for about one and half years.

Sometimes it can be a little bit unstable.

Here in Spain, we have around 15 offices across various provinces of Spain. Our main customers have around 100 to 200 salespeople in the office. Our medium-sized customers are not big enterprises, although we do have some of them as well.

I grew the number of people pretty fast. They responded to our needs. They have around 50 or 60 people. Usually, I want to chat with support staff, but we don't usually use professional services from Fortinet. We deal with partners for support. It is good, or at least it's not bad.

We are a partner of Fortinet. We usually try to explore the solutions when they buy another solution.

The first two projects we did were not so easy to set up, but after that we had no problem.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. I would rate it a seven out of ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about Fortinet, Riverbed, GFI and others in WAN Optimization. Updated: September 2021.
536,244 professionals have used our research since 2012.