FortiClient Review

A trouble-free solution that allows us to connect to our partner's FortiGate gateway

What is our primary use case?

We are using FortiClient for five to six users. Our primary use for this solution is to access a resource in our partner's network. They manage our call center.

How has it helped my organization?

This allows us to connect with our client who uses the FortiGate Firewall solution.

What is most valuable?

This is a standard VPN client, and it works for our requirements.

What needs improvement?

I haven't found that that solution does anything amazing. There is nothing special about it. It works trouble free just like any other client.

It's pretty stable, and I don't have any problems with it.

Scalability doesn't apply to the client. It works on a single endpoint. Scalability is something that is relevant to the FortiGate Firewall, and we do not use that product.

Our partner is the one who runs the system, so if we need technical support then it is them that we contact.

The other one that we use is AnyConnect, which is for the majority of our remote users. Only one of our partners requires us to use FortiClient.

The setup is straightforward for a VPN client. The deployment takes about ten minutes.

The implementation and deployment were completed in-house.

We just installed the clients and put in the configurations.

Anyone can download this product for free, but you have to have a FortiGate gateway that you are connecting to.

What other advice do I have?

This product is not terrible, but I don't have any basis in which to say that it is good.

Because we don't really have any problems with it, I would rate this product a ten out of ten.