FortiDDoS Review

The security is good but it should be more user-friendly and more affordable

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is for security purposes.

What is most valuable?

Some of this solution's policies are good for security reasons, like the firewall and all the inundation when you configure the firewall. Then you have to purchase and apply the security of FortiDDos. I also like its ease of use and the technical support. I find the interface easy to use because I'm the Linux expert in our company.

What needs improvement?

The solution can be a little more user-friendly and it can be more affordable.

I've used FortiDDos for two years now on premises.

I haven't had any problems with stability before, but one of my clients had. He asked me to help him when he had stability issues. We consulted the software team and asked them about software solutions. They then made some changes in their software, and since then it has been working fine.

We have a big team working on this program, and I do believe it is scalable.

The technical support is good because it's available 24/7. I don't use them often because I usually fix things myself. But if I need a password, or if my client forgot a password, we need support. Their response is very good.

The initial setup was quite straightforward and because I'm certified by Fortinet, I only reconfigured the firewall and some other things. Whenever I was uncertain about something, I did a test on Google and figured it out myself. So I was able to do everything myself.

The pricing of this solution is better than that of Cisco and other software on the market, which are very expensive.

What other advice do I have?

Most companies don't have a big budget, so a decrease in the license fees will be good. Companies with the lowest price, want the lowest price in the IT sector because their IT sector has a very big budget. I will rate this solution a seven out of ten.