Fortify WebInspect Review

Stable and well-known for dynamic application scanning but needs better integration with the cloud

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for dynamic application scanning.

What is most valuable?

It's a well-known platform for doing dynamic application scanning.

What needs improvement?

The solution needs better integration with Microsoft's Azure Cloud or an extension of Azure DevOps. In fact, it should better integrate with any cloud provider. Right now, it's quite difficult to integrate with that solution, from the cloud perspective.

I've been using the solution for two years.

The solution is stable.

We've yet to test the scalability of the solution, so I can't comment on how scalable it is just yet. Right now, we have our DevOps team working with it, about three to five people.

We've never been in touch with technical support.

Right now we are in the middle integration, so I'm not sure how much time it's going to take. We haven't yet scanned any of our endpoints, and I'm not sure how much complexity will be involved during the process.

What other advice do I have?

We're using the public cloud deployment model. Our provider is Microsoft.

We just chose the solutions for dynamic scanning and static scanning, but we haven't performed any scanning yet.

I'd recommend it; I'd rate the solution seven out of ten.

More Fortify WebInspect reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about Micro Focus, HCL, PortSwigger and others in Application Security Testing (AST). Updated: July 2021.
521,189 professionals have used our research since 2012.