FortiGate-VM Review
It has allowed us to centralize every network service into one appliance

Improvements to My Organization

It has allowed us to centralize every network service into one appliance, administrating all traffic going in and out of my company. Its given us only one point of monitoring and auditing, getting us visibility of all network traffic in an easy way.

Valuable Features

The UTM. In particular, the IPS module is my favorite because of the security advantage reached with a few clicks and its automatic updates.

Use of Solution

More than five years.

Yes, we have experience stability issues, when the product sizing is wrong or on configuration errors.

Yes, we have experience scalability issues, but only when the product sizing is wrong.

Technical support is good.

We previously used mostly Cisco products. We changed because of support and feature costs.

It is always complex when you migrate from a complex solution to another one.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

It is an expensive solution if you are migrating from an open source solution.

If you are in a licensed solution, like Cisco or Palo Alto, it is cheaper. I do recommend using it with a license, because it is a security solution and it needs updates.

Other Solutions Considered

Cisco, Sophos, and SonicWall.

Other Advice

I recommend it 100%. Go ahead and implement it.

We are implementers of Fortinet among other things (Cisco, Sophos, HPE Networking, VMware, EMC, Zimbra, etc.).