Fortinet FortiADC Review

User-friendly interface makes it simple to use and the technical support is excellent

What is our primary use case?

We use this product for application delivery control and global load balancing.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is its simplicity.

The interface is user-friendly.

What needs improvement?

It would be good if they built in a fully functional web application firewall.

They should update this product more often.

We have been using FortiADC for three years.

FortiADC has been pretty stable and reliable for us.

We have a fixed integration so scalability is not relevant for us.

Technical support is excellent and we have no issues with them. You can call them from the device itself, after which they come online and they are pretty good.

We had some complexity when it came to the initial setup, although I think that it was because of us, rather than the product. It took us a total of five days before we went online, which included setup and testing. This involved connecting to our backend networks, creating the VLANs, and so forth.

Overall, it was not difficult and the vendor gave us great support.

We evaluated application delivery controllers and global load balancers from other vendors before choosing FortiADC.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, this is a good product, it does what it's supposed to, and I would recommend it to anybody. My main complaint is that the WAP functionality is very primitive.

More Fortinet FortiADC reviews from users
...who compared it with Brocade ADX [EOL]
Find out what your peers are saying about Fortinet, F5, Kemp and others in Application Delivery Controllers (ADC). Updated: July 2021.
523,535 professionals have used our research since 2012.