Fortinet FortiAnalyzer Review

Log management that is scalable, easy to use, and priced well

What is our primary use case?

We are using Fortinet FortiAnalyzer to manage services for our customers. We use it for log management.

What is most valuable?

Fortinet FortiAnalyzer is easy. For customers with basic knowledge, and for those who do not have a technical background, Fortinet is quite good and it should be the first choice.

The interface is simple and easy to navigate.

What needs improvement?

One of the main disadvantages is not having a direct link to the security policy when you see something in the log. You should be able to right-click and go directly to the security policy. When you compare with Checkpoint, they are very good with reporting and logging, and when you right-click on the log you can go to the policy and edit it.

In the next release, I would like to have a feature added where you can right-click and it takes you directly to the policy to edit it.

I have been working with Fortinet FortiAnalyzer for four years.

Fortinet FortiAnalyzer is stable.

This is solution is very scalable.

I don't have any issues with technical support.

The initial setup is straightforward. Everything with Fortinet is straightforward.

When comparing with other solutions such as Checkpoint and Cisco, Fortinet is priced well.

What other advice do I have?

I am an expert in Juniper and Fortinet at a professional level.

Previously in another company, we were service providers, and I did the implementation for service delivery cargo, and for an enterprise company, I did the firewall migration.

I would recommend Fortinet FortiAnalyzer.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

More Fortinet FortiAnalyzer reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Check Point Security Management
Learn what your peers think about Fortinet FortiAnalyzer. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,535 professionals have used our research since 2012.