Fortinet FortiAnalyzer Review

Stable and scalable with robust security and performance

What is our primary use case?

We basically use it for security. We are using the latest version.

What is most valuable?

Its robust security and performance are the two main features. We also use the log reporting feature.

What needs improvement?

We should be able to do the patch upgrades in a centralized manner. This functionality is currently not there. It would be good to be able to do the firmware updates from one place and at the same time. Currently, if we want to update all appliances, we require FortiManager, which is another solution from Fortinet.

Its documentation can be improved. It will be helpful for implementing the product and gaining knowledge for management purposes.

I have been using Fortinet FortiAnalyzer for three years.

It is stable.

It is scalable. This solution is being used for a government department with a lot of users.

Their technical support is good. We don't have any issues with their support.

In my earlier organization, I have used solutions from CheckPoint and Palo Alto. These are good products, but they are expensive as compared to Fortinet.

The initial setup is very easy.

We got help from Fortinet engineers. We have a tie-up with the Fortinet support team. They install it for us.

We have three people for its deployment and maintenance. We have two network engineers and one technical support engineer.

Its price is okay for us. Fortinet products are cheaper than other solutions.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution, but it also depends on the organization. We are using this solution, and we are getting good results.

I would rate Fortinet FortiAnalyzer a ten out of ten. It is the best.

More Fortinet FortiAnalyzer reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Check Point Security Management
Learn what your peers think about Fortinet FortiAnalyzer. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
512,221 professionals have used our research since 2012.